View Single Post
GSC2019

Member Since May 2019
Default May 15, 2019 at 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTrees View Post
Yes. I understand. Sorry again if it seemed I was over-stepping or off-track. Your original post conveyed very clearly the level of pain you have with regard to these thoughts. i just really wanted to help but sometimes I get it wrong! May I ask what makes you feel happy or relaxed? Is that something you can share or increase the frequency of with your wife and son? For me, I get closer to nature when I am really depressed or scared. Camping. Hiking. A walk around the lake. I have this sense that nature guides me back to center. So I am wondering if a nice picnic outdoors with wife and son or out on a boat or something could help to center you....particularly on a day when your thoughts are really troubling you? Sitting with your boy, watching the waves or listening to wind blow through the trees....letting nature remind you that all is well.
I'm not saying you're wrong. I appreciate the opinion and advice truly. I just was trying to convey that the sexual thematics in my childhood were more inappropriate rather than abuse. Lol.

I'm a video gamer, I tinker with my car, I love going to the movies and listen to music when driving. Keeping myself busy definitely lessens the load.

However, this recent event has been harder to overcome. The anxiety comes and goes and so don't relative thoughts along with it.

Some days are better than others. But if I have the thoughts or anything triggering. I end up caught in a ruminating cycle.

My wife and I are on the same page all the time. We've been together for 3 years and just had a baby. Everything was great until 30 days ago. Now I'm trying to recover
GSC2019 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous44076