Wise Elder

Member Since Nov 2009
31.3k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 16, 2019 at 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkenedSoul View Post
He left a message on my voicemail telling me that he was taking us off of the insurance since we left. (Sorry but I was tired of being physically and verbally abused. )

I can't really seek any legal help such as child support or so on because he'll have the right to know where we are living. So that's not going to happen. I also cannot file for divorce right now, 1 because I can't afford $2500 to retain a lawyer. And 2 because then I'll be responsible for all of his debt (Tennessee martial law).
I'm sorry for your situation, DarkenedSoul. Definitely no need to apologize for leaving an abusive situation.

On the other, are you absolutely sure? I can't imagine where the location of an abused person would be disclosed to the abuser. Also, usually, getting married may bring the other person's debt into your arena (unless pre-nup precludes), but getting divorced? That makes no sense to me. Why would people not get divorced right and left just to dump their debt on someone else? I really can't fathom these things being true. Do you have this information from a legal source? I think it would also be a good idea to contact a women's shelter. They deal with this kind of thing all the time and at the very least should be able to direct you to resources.

(Oh, and p.s., just FYI, on these boards we use BP for bipolar, and BPD for borderline personality disorder. Just letting you know to avoid confusion.)

--The Cure
Innerzone is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote