View Single Post
DechanDawa
Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2015
1,043 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 16, 2019 at 03:03 PM

On this thread people keep saying that when they are done with someone they are done.

Really, you are never done.

We are karmically connected to every single person in our lives.

The Buddhists teach...even if we accidentally bump into a stranger in the grocery store...that brief and fleeting interaction...connects us to that stranger on some level. That is how interconnected we all are, in fact.

I think...we need to look deep within ourselves...and unhook patterns of abuse. Just "cutting off" the person does nothing.

I see every life situation as a learning opportunity.

I am trying to understand the dynamics of this situation on a deep level. I doubt if just cutting this person off FB is going to undo 50 years of friendship.

But when something ends...we want closure, when, in fact, only death ends the relationship.

When someone dies then there is no more relating. I went through this recently with my only sister. She was a toxic narcissist up until the end. It was very painful because I wanted resolution and a few apologies, as well, and it never happened.

I think, probably, my gradually going no contact in this situation has something to do with my sister's death. I had a lot of complicated grief...both love and anger...when my sister died.

Big changes in relationships send shock waves through our system. We need to be gentle with ourselves and apply a lot of self-care while dealing with this situations.

Odd that no one on this thread has advised me to be gentle with myself, take care of myself, apply self care, positivity, and happiness in my life. (My life has been kind of a mess since dealing with this...and self care has been difficult.)

In the end....compassion is what heals. Lots of compassion.

Hugs from:
Anonymous43949, TishaBuv