Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2015
1,043 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 16, 2019 at 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TishaBuv View Post
I think I found a good solution for the facebook issue. I went on and was able to ‘unfollow’ any new posts from my mother and sister (heaven help me!) and I was able to set my new posts to be ‘friends except my mother and sister’ and I’m pretty sure no one else on facebook can see that setting to know I did it. This way, I didn’t cause any drama by unfriending or blocking, but I won’t be bothered by them.

This thread got me thinking that I am truly bothered by their antics on stupid facebook, and why should I let them chase me off there?

I had posted a video of my son playing guitar at a school show, mostly because his music teacher asked to see it. I was glad that my mom called and said she enjoyed it. But then she had to say how my sister liked it and commented. What bugs me is that my sister treated me cruelly several months ago (which was the first conflict ever had with her), refused to apologize, and never called me again. So why is she liking my posts? It does bother me. It feels like control and disrespect or it is hoovering without actually ever having to apologize.

Thanks all for the helpful posts that got me to block them for my own peace of mind.

Maybe doing this will alleviate any discomfort your ex friend’s likes are giving you, DD.

I have used all the settings to hide, block, and selectively choose who sees my stuff...for years.

You see, you posted a picture of your family on FB. I don't do that. I don't post any photos of my adult child. He hates FB and deleted his account long ago and I respect his privacy and never post pictures of him. We both have other niche social media accounts on other sites.

I mostly have my Facebook up as a business profile. I do freelance work...and I am presently looking for part-time work. I have heard that it is good to keep up one's FB account to have a social profile. To prove that you exist! I notice others don't post information about their work experience. I do post that stuff.

If someone wants to find out information before hiring me they will find basic stuff on FB about my education, career path, and experience. They won't find pictures of me with friends and family. They will see posts I make on social and political issues. That's where I get my likes. I am creative with my posts and how I present issues - with graphics and stuff...and people like that. Gee, people must be really bored! But I do get a lot of likes on my political and social issues posts.

Right now I am very involved with Plastics Pollution Prevention and policies around that. Most of my FB posts are about that.