View Single Post
Forgetmenot07

Member Since May 2019
51 hugs
given
Default May 16, 2019 at 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbreeze22 View Post
I get it. I like my therapist yet feel the same way. I don't have issues with dependency with humans or anything else, yet here I am almost unable to function some weeks because seven days feel impossibly long. Sometimes there's a crack in her facade and it's clear that it's all an emotional sham, purely business, and largely scripted. I remember I'm being used to build someone's career, used to make her feel like a success, used to fill a slot, and needy and empty enough to pay for the experience. The few things in my life that are better I don't even want to tell her about, probably out of some sick fear that it'll mean I'm well enough to not see her anymore.
Agree with you, especially when i think of my 2nd therapist but it feels like an addiction. Such power comes with the therapist being emotionally univolved and not disclosing more of natural humanly instict that are substituted with scripted empathy that it makes all sort of neediness surface!
I never wanted for anyone to validate my feelings or understand my logic more than the therapist because I know that irl there is a limit to how much people are willing to participate in such a one sided interaction and not have an honest emotional reaction to it.
Forgetmenot07 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote