View Single Post
ArtleyWilkins
Magnate

Member Since Oct 2018
7 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 16, 2019 at 03:30 PM

I have had three long-term therapists over the years. All three were highly supportive and effective therapists and the therapy served me well. I never found myself particularly dependant on my therapists in an unhealthy way. I knew I could rely on them when needed, but they were professionally boundaried while at the same time very genuine and caring in their support of both me and my family.

Through effective therapy, I achieved my goal of not having to be in therapy anymore. I've reached a place of stability and contentment with my life, even in the hard times. I no longer struggle with depression and anxiety.

I have remained friendly with all three over the years . . . not bff's by any means, but we keep in touch and keep up with life events like children, grandchildren, vacations, etc. Their caring was never limited to just the therapy office and did not end when I ceased to be their client.
ArtleyWilkins is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
feralkittymom, Forgetmenot07, HowDoYouFeelMeow?, koru_kiwi, Lemoncake, rainbow8, SlumberKitty, speckofdust, Spirit of Trees