View Single Post
toomanycats
Grand Poohbah

Member Since May 2017
542 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 16, 2019 at 03:56 PM

I have two types of experiences I'm wondering if anyone here relates to -- I'm not sure if they are part of my DID (yes, diagnosed) or not.

Experience Type 1:
This one is one I'm pretty sure is part of the DID. What happens is, it's like "I" am shoved to the back of my consciousness. I don't black out, but I have no conscious awareness of what is about to come out of "my" mouth -- I hear it, but I am not in control of it or aware of what "I am about to say" if that makes sense. The other thing is -- my body expresses sometimes intense emotions, but I won't actually feel them. (E.g., My body starts sobbing gut-wrenching sobs, but I am stuck in the background and cannot feel any emotional pain or even any of the physical sensations that come with emotional pain.)

Experience Type 2:
This is the one I'm really not sure of -- I will feel intense emotions, but I have no idea what they are about or where they are coming from. They are not at all what I am feeling. (E.g., I suddenly feel about to cry...and overwhelmingly sad...I feel the emotions and all the physical sensations that come with the emotions, but I cannot identify why or even any thoughts associated with it. I was expressing a different emotion -- or was not expressing an emotion -- when this one came out of nowhere.)

Does anyone relate to this?
toomanycats is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
FearLess47

Thanks for this!
ACrystalGem, Laurel1562