View Single Post
Anonymous48672

Default May 16, 2019 at 04:56 PM

[QUOTE=DechanDawa;6532333]
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetcarBlanche View Post
Thank you ennie.

I feel like you - DechanDawa- are giving your narcissist friend mixed messages by not being straightforward with her. That could come back to bite you in the end and cause you more emotional grief and pain than you deserve.

The rule of thumb with people is to always be direct with them, so they know what to expect from you. Even if they don't like the boundaries you put up, too bad. Those boundaries are for your own protection, DechanDawa.

It's hard to stand up to a friend you've known your whole life. But if you want her around, then you need to accept her for the way she treats you. If you don't accept her mistreatment of you, you owe it to yourself to hold her accountable. Otherwise if you don't hold her accountable, she'll think it's ok to continue to hurt you and mistreat you b/c you never speak up for yourself. I know it can be scary to confront someone who has a strong personality, but it comes down to who matters more to you: your toxic friend's feelings, or your own?[/QUOTE

Thanks for the advice which I am sure you are giving in good faith.

I have used the grey rock technique before effectively.

I believe...in the end...it has to do with psychic energy.

I have been friends with this person for 50 years, practically since infancy. We communicate through energetic channels. It was the kind of friendship...where...just thinking about her would cause her to call me.

The point here that everyone is missing is about Facebook, social media, etc. being the most important consideration.

Believe me this person has countless ways of hoovering. We grew up in the same community and know hundreds of the same people. Long before Facebook there were other ways people communicated socially. Some are still in effect in small towns.

I want to minimize damage. I don't want every cousin of mine knowing my business.

So, yes, I am stepping lightly around this.

As I have said before...in other threads...my best advice came from Golden Eve. If we strengthen our own lives and introduce a lot of positivity...demons will naturally fall away because there will be no energy, psychic or otherwise, to feed off.

We become codependent to narcissists because there are weakness in our own life...such as...imbalances, substance abuse, lack of confidence and self esteem.

In truth...and this has been after a lot of soul searching...I can see where this situation has nothing to do with the "other" and is more a wake up call about my own life.

PS You were involved in blocking, unblocking and then blocking a narcissist on your Facebook. This was feeding their energy. If you had applied the grey rock technique you could have psychically cut off the energetic connection with this person. You can find information on the grey rock technique online. Esteemology is a very good site on recovery from narcissistic abuse.
Well, I live by the rule of thumb that to keep my power, I have to block the person from my life. Sure, he could easily "friend" my friends on Facebook if he wants to, to get access to me that way (so he can trash talk me to my friends). But I'm not worried because I have more faith in my friends' loyalty to me and protecting me from him.

I'm a very intuitive person so I can respect that psychic connection that you have with this friend whom you've known for 50 years. I also suspect you don't want to deal with the fallout, of the hundreds of mutual friendships and acquaintances who would become aware that you and your friend disconnected.

It's par for the course, however, when you disconnect from a toxic person that there will be interpersonal fallout, whether it's on a familial or workplace, or social level. You can't just end a friendship and not have the world know about it. Someone in your mutual social circles will find out. But, that is inevitable.

I'm not going to let the narcissist stay friends with me on Facebook. I will never unblock him again. I blocked him from my cellphone number and email address. I don't care about his feelings. I don't care if he feels satisfaction that I blocked him. I have my power back, by blocking him. If I left him on my Facebook page, he would still have access to me and I won't let that happen.

I read about the grey-rock method of not reacting to narcissists. The articles I read, suggest a combination of using the grey rock method and blocking the narcissist from all social media, email and cellphones. The fact that the narcissist tried to hook me with "What happened?" as soon as I unblocked him from my Facebook, shows me that it wasn't safe for me to keep him even hidden on my Facebook page b/c he'd still have access to my life.

I don't care if he tries to trash talk me to our mutual acquaintances or tries to ruin my reputation. The people who know me, who like me, won't let him do that. And the people who don't know me, who like him, will believe him. Either way, I've cut off access to him by blocking him, so I'm feeling confident I won't have to ever deal with him again, even on a psychic level anymore.

I wish you the best of luck with your friend of 50 years. I also follow Buddhism and believe every living thing is connected on a metaphysical level. But, that doesn't mean we are required to compassionately stay connected to a source of toxicity -- esp. if that source is a person who is out to harm us.