View Single Post
Poiuytl

Member Since May 2019
Default May 16, 2019 at 06:41 PM

What I would like to know: how many here would ascribe their discomfort with therapy situation simply as the discomfort you would have with being dependant on sexual interaction via prostitutes, i.e. you can have the interaction you crave - but only if you pay for it. A therapist wants you to believe they are on your side - but only as long as they are getting paid. They also keep their distance - they protect themselves, do not share their secrets with you, they are indeed purely professionally there for you. By being empathic, all for you etc., but not by being genuinely helpful.

Sorry if this sounds crude, but I have these crude feelings when meeting with my therapist and wondering why I keep coming back when at the same time I am mainly angry and frustrated. And then I start talking, talking, talking, talking... and the time's up. Thank you see you next time. Let's see how much you remember about the drivel you talked about last time. I certainly don't remember... anyway, it can't be that important if we both forgot... so what's your pet peeve for today?
Poiuytl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
here today, scapegoat0001