View Single Post
Threadbare

Member Since Jan 2019
Default May 16, 2019 at 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisabel View Post
I get tired of fighting battles. Every day it’s a battle at work. These days it’s frowned upon if you don’t take up the slack and do other people’s work. If you are the responsible worker... you are the scapegoat for the lazy workers. Some days I feel as though my life is being completely wasted because I have to spend so much of it with people like this at work. I’m not afraid to fight battles... I’m just tired of fighting battles. I need to learn to 1. Play the game better 2. Not care.

Thank you for listening. I just needed to vent today.
Sisabel:
You are courageous with a "they-don't-make-them-like-they-used-to" awareness and personal ethic. It is a core value of the general minority to actually "give a darn" about your job, and the pride you had in doing the job well. That's perhaps one reason why you are so hurt--the disappointment is personal to we who care about our jobs. Management cares not one iota for folks like us, again another disappointment, yet a truth nowadays. Our initial optimism and vigor and eagerness in the job gets peeled off like a cucumber when it comes to dealing with "the beancounters."

I am at the receiving end of such a clumsy arrangement. It hurts to even think of my last few weeks there. A complicated story, leave it to say they don't want me back & made it known through several unprofessional methods. I know deep inside me that I am not a bad person. It is going to take me a long while to recover -- especially since I am afraid of putting myself all nice and ready-to-go which potentially lines me up for another failure in a similar situation if i don't think about it carefully.

Kudos on you being able to get out. Now thrive and blossom and grow for you and for us.
--Threadbare
Threadbare is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
rechu, unaluna