View Single Post
sarahsweets
Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 17, 2019 at 02:57 AM

Do you have any friends that could bend the truth a little for a personal reference? A week and a half ago I applied to be a substitute teacher and I am using my half brothers, my neighbor and my best friend as personal references. They all have "worked" with me on different projects just none in an official capacity as my employer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetcarBlanche View Post
I'm nearly 50 and my history of job hopping (and the longest job I had I was fired from, so they can't be used as a reference).

As I try to find a full-time job before my mother goes into assisted living by the end of summer, how do I explain to prospective employers that I don't have 3 professional job references?

I can use a former professor (last semester) as an academic reference. And, I have two temp agencies that can vouch for my work history with them which is clean with no reports of any problems.

But, that's all I have to offer; 2 temp agency references and 1 academic professor as a reference.

Any suggestions as to how to get around the job reference requirement? I see a lot of jobs I could apply for online but hesitate to b/c of accumulative job hopping (which I'm trying to reframe on my resume by using the functional format to showcase my skill sets, and not shine the spotlight on my job hopping).

I don't want to keep making the wrong choices, job-wise. That's what got me into this mess in the first place.

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
seesaw