View Single Post
TheUrOther

Member Since Jun 2017
Default May 17, 2019 at 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishfulThinker66 View Post
You are extremely angry and as such appear to be taking it out on the world including those people around you. I think you are walking around with a chip on your shoulder. Frankly this IS outrageous behaviour and people are going to react negatively towards it. Horse manure? It is such to say that actions and reactions are not related. To say this is an admission you refuse to take responsibility for your actions - and that just isn't acceptable. I have diagnosed PTSD too and I don't go around in life pissing people off on account of my behaviour. It would serve you better to keep your emotions in check, watch your behaviour, and try to cultivate social connections and support.
You are completely wrong-headed in your thinking. The only reason I express myself this way now is because I spent the last forty years doing the opposite only to be consistently abused. You all taught me that no matter how I act, you were going to treat me like garbage - so there's no point in paying the price for modifying my behavior when you've proven beyond a shadow of doubt that you will never modify your behavior in turn. Your belief that I'm not taking responsibility for my actions is a distortion of your own perception. For crying out loud, no one can even tell me what I'm doing wrong! You can't claim I'm "not being responsible for my actions" when you get confused what I ask you what actions I'm doing wrong so I can correct them.

The fact is that other people are not taking responsibility for their reactions. They (and you!) expect me to both control my reaction to their steer manure AND their reaction to my logical, reasonable behavior - and that's not reasonable or fair. How can I be doing everything provably correct yet not be taking responsibility for my actions?

PFrog: I don't subscribe to the cult of Walker.