saidso
Veteran Member

Member Since Oct 2018
165 hugs
given
Default May 17, 2019 at 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TishaBuv View Post
I’ve finally had a revelation that once a relationship ‘goes bad’, meaning even if the closest of loving people have a first-time conflict, there is no repairing it. One would think if both people truly care for each other and apologize and change the offensive behavior, the relationship could restore. Sadly, IME this has never been the case.

If one wishes to keep some relationship with that person, they have to act like everything is fine, grin and bear it. Otherwise, they can end the relationship, moving on to find others who will treat them right.

I’ve wasted so much energy trying to repair relationships gone bad. It takes two.
Don't give up TishaBuv! People can learn how to do these things - you, and I, and the next person . Perhaps relationship skills are ALL about learning what to do when things go bad - as well as having fun together? Perhaps also there are layers to learning this stuff: I can conflict resolve with acquaintances but despair with intimate friends for example?

HUGS COMING YR WAY IF YOU TAKE THEM!

oh god I am struggling today, help me to remember how to stay connected and human!

remember: the nut shell against human predators and my own fear!
saidso is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous43949, MickeyCheeky, TishaBuv

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky