View Single Post
Anonymous44076

Trig May 17, 2019 at 12:35 PM

I have another thought for you Ennie.

I have a female friend who I love very much. We have known each other for years. She has an abusive spouse and confided to me about his behavior more than once. For a while, she separated from him. During that time, she and I spent a lot of time together. However, after time, she went back to her husband. Now I rarely see her because he is very controlling and does not like her to go out without him. I am not comfortable spending time with him (she knows and understands that) because I know how much he hurts my friend and I am also not comfortable with his dark energy around me.

So she and I maintain communication and always wish each other well but we are not able to have the close contact that we used to enjoy. It is a shame because she's a wonderful person and I love her very much. But I must respect her choices and boundaries. I mention that example here to demonstrate how we often don't know what's going on with other people or why they choose what they choose. My friend's family thinks her husband is a nice guy. He's nice to them and she does not confide in them about the abuse (sexual and psychological).

I don't know if that helps you? Just an example of the complexities that can arise in friendships. Peace
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote