View Single Post
Anonymous44076

Default May 17, 2019 at 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennie View Post
It's a professional relationship but she's chatty and friendly when we are alone, and then when the "guys" come, I practically don't exist. I think I could say that I feel a bit used, like I'm only there to hold a conversation space until the "guys" or her "real-friends" come over.
Well that would be frustrating for you of course! Sorry you experienced that! I don't think it's any reflection of you and I would encourage you (if possible) to not take it personally. What may help you to feel better is to ease up on your own chats with her....perhaps dialing it back to civil professionalism since she is inconsistently friendly toward you.

Nobody would appreciate someone switching gears dramatically like that. It's odd but you'll likely never know why, right? If she were a non-work friend, I might recommend asking her about it but given that you work together, I would not advise that because it could go south and then you'd feel really uncomfortable at work.

I don't know if this helps? For what it's worth, you deserve lovely friends who are consistently friendly to you regardless of the setting
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
romantic rose