View Single Post
Anonymous47864

Default May 17, 2019 at 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threadbare View Post
Sisabel:

You are courageous with a "they-don't-make-them-like-they-used-to" awareness and personal ethic. It is a core value of the general minority to actually "give a darn" about your job, and the pride you had in doing the job well. That's perhaps one reason why you are so hurt--the disappointment is personal to we who care about our jobs. Management cares not one iota for folks like us, again another disappointment, yet a truth nowadays. Our initial optimism and vigor and eagerness in the job gets peeled off like a cucumber when it comes to dealing with "the beancounters."

I am at the receiving end of such a clumsy arrangement. It hurts to even think of my last few weeks there. A complicated story, leave it to say they don't want me back & made it known through several unprofessional methods. I know deep inside me that I am not a bad person. It is going to take me a long while to recover -- especially since I am afraid of putting myself all nice and ready-to-go which potentially lines me up for another failure in a similar situation if i don't think about it carefully.

Kudos on you being able to get out. Now thrive and blossom and grow for you and for us.

--Threadbare

I’m so sorry you went through such a rotten situation. This is what I think the problem is: We don’t play the game. Seriously. It’s a sickening game. I walk a fine line between being my sincere self versus jumping through their hoops. I stumble very clumsily through their hoops. Keep us updated with regard to your recovery progress. We are here for you. I’ll keep plodding along as well. [emoji3590]
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote