View Single Post
whimsicalman

Member Since Jul 2018
105 hugs
given
Default May 17, 2019 at 04:05 PM

Asian ethnicities tend to struggle with facing mental health as an actual, valid issue. There might be some of that happening in your own family dynamic. I am ethnically Filipino, and I am probably the one person in my immediate and extended families to be the person to force the realization of the struggles and potential effects of mental health issues. I don't get any direct derogatory or stupidly misinformed rhetoric. But at the same time, no one quite knows how to deal with me sometimes. I do know that people are starting to clue in. At a family gathering (which tends to have a lot of people), one of my relatives whose house was hosting came over and told me that "my room" was always available for whenever I needed it. (It was in reference to one of the guest rooms I used for a short period of time in between places. But in this context, it was meant to be a place where I could go to get away if I started to feel overwhelmed and anxious.)

The unfortunate thing is that it took a my near-death to make it painfully obvious that mental issues can have serious consequences if handled badly or not at all.

I hope that it does not come down to that for you. Taking the steps to find any kind of community of people who understand and can listen shows that you are grasping your own sense of mental wellbeing and how to start coping. My hope for you is that you find this site and other online communities helpful. I wish the Teen Lounge was more active for you. I hope you are able to find online communities for other teens struggling with mental health.

Not sure how things are for you financially, but there are options for online therapy sessions with clinicians who use the Internet to see clients. Maybe someone might be willing to cut you a major deal since you are a teenager without the support of your parents. But I don't know.
whimsicalman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous40127, MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky