View Single Post
Cloud441

Member Since May 2019
Question May 17, 2019 at 09:04 PM

I had an emergency appointment with my psychiatrist yesterday. He gave me a prescription for Rexulti and said he was very hopeful that it would help me. When I went to pick it up the pharmacist said my insurance (BCBS Anthem) wanted a prior authorization. Today I got a message from BCBS saying that my prior auth was denied and gave me little other detail, except that they want me to go on Abilify first. I've tried that before and it didn't work. By the time I got the message my doctor's office was already closed and I can't reach them or my insurance company until Monday, and of course I'm sure it will take a lot of time to get straighted out. I thought I had found something that might really help, and work quickly, so I'm really down about not being able to get the help I need now, not next week or next month. I've searched for hours but I can't find out what kind of "step therapy" that they require. If anyone has any suggestions or similar personal experiences, I'm open to any information that I can get.

Thanks for listening.
Cloud441 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
BeyondtheRainbow

Thanks for this!
BeyondtheRainbow