View Single Post
Desoxyn
Metaphysic

Member Since Aug 2016
4,912 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 17, 2019 at 11:34 PM

I've been on Concerta, Adderall and Vyvanse. I've also tried other similar stimulants.

For me it's just being able to function. I'm on Vyvanse right now and it doesn't get me high - Even if I take a couple. I still have trouble with motivation and get really tired.

It helps to get me out of bed in the morning. Like, I just magically want to get out of bed instead of sleeping in for the rest of the day because I also have chronic fatigue syndrome or hypersomnia.

Stimulants are like drugs that make you MORE sober imo.. They sober you up from benzos, alcohol and opiates.

As long as you're on a therapeutic dose and not abusing it, it should allow you to get high from the relief of being able to function where a regular person would take it for granted.

I agree that there's a lot of people that are on stimulants that don't need them. Society wants people to be on them though for more productivity, to work, go to school and people look down on others that are lazy.

I have schizophrenia and they say that that means more dopamine in the brain than normal. Maybe I just have low dopamine and overactive serotonin 2a receptors which antipsychotics antagonise and psychedelics agonise. I think that's why psychedelics give me psychosis and stimulants never do.
Desoxyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote