Magnate

Member Since Jul 2013
365 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 18, 2019 at 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopdog View Post
I am sorry to hear it was not as useful as it could have been.
For me, my person's cancer and all that surrounded it was the one area where the therapist was not a complete disaster. All I required was a place where I did not have to deal with/take care of anyone else or their response to her cancer/treatments/surgeries or anyone else's response to my responses about it etc. I did not have to check myself to be nice or take care of or help anyone else deal with it for that one period of time. I really don't recall the therapist doing anything except sit there - but that whole period of time is still so blurry in a lot of ways.
Yeah I suppose. I realized he was doing exactly what he said for me to do for my husband when I said I do not know what to do or say to him anymore when I saw him crying. He said you do not need to say anything or do anything you just need to sit with him. He was emulating exactly that and it was not doing much for me so I wonder if that would do anything for my husband if it was was not comforting me when T was doing it?

I think I was expecting my T to be a little more less distant to me and little be more compassionate. I wish he would drop that damn pragmatic therapy style crap. His actions and words do say I am important to him but he never says it outright. Sometimes you just need that in times like this. I left there feeling empty and really alone.

When a child’s emotional needs are not met and a child is repeatedly hurt and abused, this deeply and profoundly affects the child’s development. Wanting those unmet childhood needs in adulthood. Looking for safety, protection, being cherished and loved can often be normal unmet needs in childhood, and the survivor searches for these in other adults. This can be where survivors search for mother and father figures. Transference issues in counseling can occur and this is normal for childhood abuse survivors.
MoxieDoxie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous56789, Forgetmenot07, koru_kiwi, missbella, rainbow8, SlumberKitty