stopdog
underdog is here

Member Since Sep 2011
1 hugs
given
Default May 18, 2019 at 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoxieDoxie View Post
Yeah I suppose. I realized he was doing exactly what he said for me to do for my husband when I said I do not know what to do or say to him anymore when I saw him crying. He said you do not need to say anything or do anything you just need to sit with him. He was emulating exactly that and it was not doing much for me so I wonder if that would do anything for my husband if it was was not comforting me when T was doing it?

I think I was expecting my T to be a little more less distant to me and little be more compassionate. I wish he would drop that damn pragmatic therapy style crap. His actions and words do say I am important to him but he never says it outright. Sometimes you just need that in times like this. I left there feeling empty and really alone.
Is there something that you would have found comforting? Could you ask the therapist to do it?
This may just be me, but it was a good thing for me to not have to endure someone trying to be comforting at me when in reality there was nothing anyone could have actively done that I would have found comforting at that time. I was annoyed at others who were trying to be comforting to me but since the others were my friends, I couldn't (or didn't want to because I knew they were trying to be kind) snap at them - I just endured it. With the therapist, I did not have to endure that at least.

I am sorry you and your husband are facing this.

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.
Oscar Wilde
Well Behaved Women Seldom Make History - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Last edited by stopdog; May 18, 2019 at 10:32 AM..
stopdog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote