Grand Magnate

Member Since Jun 2012
1,429 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 18, 2019 at 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoxieDoxie View Post
You know......I do not want comforting from anyone except my T. I think about who I would want to be there to sit with me. No one. I have zero connection with anyone and honestly would just be annoyed at others around me telling me what to do. What I would like is someone to come over and cook or clean or sit with him if he wants. I have always been taking care of myself with no help from family or friends. My husband and I have been through trials and tribulations with zero help. 4 moves, car accidents, surgeries, job losses.

This is the first time I ever felt like I wanted to be comforted by someone and unfortunately the person I want it from is my T.
If he can't do it -- have you considered a cancer caregivers support group for yourself? How about a home health aide to come cook and clean and sit with your husband. Even if you all have to pay out of pocket because your insurance won't consider it "necessary". Sounds to me like it kind of is but, oh, well.

I paid out of pocket for sitters the last few days of my husband's life here at home, in hospice, so I could get some other things done, and sleep. They were great. Very worth it.
here today is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Mopey

Thanks for this!
Mopey, MoxieDoxie, stopdog