View Single Post
The_little_didgee
Grand Magnate

Member Since Apr 2013
PC PoohBah!
Default May 18, 2019 at 11:34 AM

People on disability can definitely return to work. I managed to successfully get off the Ontario, Canada version of disability. I'm presently working the day shift 7:00 to 3:30 Monday to Friday at a job I really enjoy.

Finding a job that you like and have passion for makes it a lot easier to make the transition. I always wanted to work full-time but never thought it was possible, until I discovered work that fit my abilities and suited my interests.

I started my journey working part-time, about 18 to 22 hours a week. Soon I discovered that I liked the routine and money. It felt good to be contributing to something and making money. The extra funds allowed me to purchase more nutritious food which increased my energy levels and clothing. I instantly liked the feeling of looking after my own needs. Eventually I quit my part-time job to go to school, which also helped my confidence. While I was there, I realized, that I could work full-time and decided to get a full-time job.

Easing myself in really helped, because it allowed me to slowly build confidence and stamina. I was also very motivated to get off of disability. I was tired of not having money and being marginalized because my income was about $13 000 CAD.

Motivation, belief, and a job that fits is what made it possible for me to succeed.

Hugs from:
Anonymous46341, seesaw, twinkles7, wonderluster

Thanks for this!
seesaw, twinkles7, wonderluster