View Single Post
Anonymous48672

Default May 18, 2019 at 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perna View Post
I revamped my resume to make it look like I was doing my own thing and deliberate about it, throwing in the education and "independent projects" and making it look like I had my own agenda and purposes for my life and "they" would be lucky if I made them part of it I just put types of work ("including x, y, and z") and had references that included friends who had their own companies, etc. I did have at least one reference from the sort of job I was looking at.

Could you maybe get a couple of part-time jobs that were not so reference-needy and then build on that in six months to a year?
Hi Perna,

Oh, I reformat my resume for each job that I apply for. But I'm a hob hopper and thus have zero long-term roles work-wise, with the exception of substitute teaching for over five years for a company that fired me so now they can't be used as a reference.

I have tried retail but I have such bad asthma and other health problems, that I can't physical handle being on my feet for as long as retail jobs require. So those are not possible for me. Good suggestion though.

Even if I could snag a part-time office job and build on that in six months to a year, that would be ideal but so far, even those part-time jobs require work references.

My email list of possible references is pretty slim - I went over my email contact list today - and the only people i could ask would be 2 cousins and 1 former acquaintance from years ago.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote