Veteran Member

Member Since Dec 2012
218 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 18, 2019 at 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetcarBlanche View Post
Foreign_Soul, why not turn this into a weekend away together? You could go with your partner to the other state and bring your son. That way the three of you are together. You, your son, and your partner can get a hotel room together. Then, the next morning, your partner goes to his best friend's wedding ceremony, which means you and your son can leave your hotel and go explore the city with some planned sight seeing activities.
We can't afford to with just two weeks to go. We only just found out exact dates a little over a week ago.
I'd been planning a holiday to this town before the friend announced their engagement but put it on hold when they told partner where they were getting married, with the intention of organising a weekend away for us all, regardless of whether son and I were invited, so we could "kill two birds with one stone".
Only instead of giving partner dates they went ahead and organised partner's accommodation without ever speaking to partner first (they did not do this to anyone else).
If partner had been given dates when everyone else was then we would be all going over and this wouldn't be an issue. Although partner would still need times because son wouldn't go to sleep until partner returned from the wedding, but that would be far easier than this.

I don't have anyone so people staying isn't an option. We also don't have aides. It is only partner and I. We see two different paeds (one public, one private) and have recently finished our available sessions with OT. Unfortunately the system here sucks unless you can pay thousands out of pocket, which we can't. However, I also don't believe that autistics should always bend around others, especially if the accommodation an autistic needs doesn't actually cause another person any harm or difficulty, which this absolutely doesn't.

Neither of us can wrap our heads around why they won't give him these details but have given out invitations to everyone else, which would HAVE to include times and venue/s. Partner actually said tonight that if this wasn't for their wedding he'd think he was being set up to be killed.
He's going to try and speak to them both again tomorrow but he really shouldn't have to. Why on earth would you not tell your best man what time or where the ceremony and reception were?
I just keep hoping this friend is just being forgetful, but the response really doesn't sound like it. 😣