Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,277 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 18, 2019 at 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreign_Soul View Post
I'm not expecting them to accommodate my son's need for timed calls, I'm expecting them to provide my partner with the same information which they've given everyone else so that WE can work around THEM. If I expected them to accommodate his needs I'd have already organised times, regardless of when their wedding is.

What we are trying to do is exactly what we've done other times, it is what works, and it's what all professionals involved have said is the best course of action.
Not having details (which, again, everyone else BUT my partner have) is going to cause serious issues. My son needs to know roughly what's happening, which isn't putting anyone out at all (again, same information every other invitee has). Not being able to give him this information causes him such severe anxiety that he has meltdowns, which puts both him and myself at serious risk, especially as son weighs only a few kgs less than me.

It literally does not put these people out one freaking bit to tell partner what time their ceremony and reception are so we can make at least one time that doesn't interfere with that. I'm trying to work around them but without basic information I can't.

Seriously, who plans their wedding and doesn't tell their best man what time it is?!
It’s a waste of time trying to get an answer why people do what they do. You’d never get an answer.

You can only control what you do and to extend you can control your family life. If your son becomes dangerous when he has meltdowns and your life is at risk then either professionals need to get involved and be in your house 24/7 or he needs to be taken in the hospital or your partner has to stay home.

Your partner is choosing to go to this wedding without you and without even knowing any details. You don’t have high expectations of your partner but you put high expectations on these strangers who can’t care less about you. You know they won’t change because they treated you poorly for years.

Last edited by divine1966; May 18, 2019 at 02:48 PM..
divine1966 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
unaluna