View Single Post
Anonymous52333

Default May 18, 2019 at 07:04 PM

I sometimes question my own logic for allowing myself to become so connected and trusting of my T knowing the theoretical limitations of the relationship. What I know is that despite those frustrations, if I did not have this relationship, I would still be in the darkest and most terrible place of my life. There is no doubt in my mind that the connection is not one-sided. She is herself in the room with me, and unlike past Ts, she does not just tell me things I need to hear and give me a perfect simulated environment. She does not pretend to know all the answers. She's the most authentic person in my life right now. Yes, we're limited to an hour a week. No, we don't and probably never will meet up for a beer. No, I don't and probably never will have the opportunity to reciprocate much of what I get from her. Yes, that's frustrating. But none of that makes what we have, the healing that is happening, the safety and love I feel fake or a set-up or anything else negative. I came to realize that when I become frustrated with her or the limitations, it's my own expectations not being met..and is it logical for me to have such expectations on a therapeutic relationship? No it is not. I'm glad you brought up this topic because this is something I realize I need to bring up with T.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
MoxieDoxie, rainbow8