View Single Post
Anonymous47864

Default May 18, 2019 at 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saidso View Post
PS Sisabel, I believe that you wrote about this person before, but re-reading your first post I wonder: she seems to be acting out from what she experiences as hurt feelings caused by you ignoring her; she seems to be in a mess internally.

Anyways KUDOS to you for dealing with this in a way that protects you, makes you feel better and more in control of the situation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you make a wise observation here. When I think about it, it’s highly likely that I’ve hurt her feelings. She may have felt quite rejected when I changed from
inviting her to do things and laughing and joking.... to never inviting her and staying away from her as much as possible. It was probably rather abrupt and a bit harsh knowing me. I was polite and friendly but I’m not good at faking nice when someone has annoyed and offended me. And you’re right, I saw that she clearly has some serious issues and I just wanted absolutely no part of it.

I will think about this the next time I start to internalize her verbal abuse towards me... I will try to turn it inside out and think about the reason she’s doing it versus feeling bad about myself while she insults me. Come to think of it.... I just described the dynamic between my mother and me and never even realized it.... Wow!!
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote