View Single Post
misfit77

Member Since Mar 2013
2 hugs
given
Default May 18, 2019 at 08:17 PM

I have been diagnosed with ADHD twice. I’ve lived with it a long time, overcome a lot of what it has done, but I am really struggling wit it again.

I’m a mom to an almost 3 year old and 6 month old twins. I’m on maternity leave still, but will go back to work full time when my twins are one.. I have also had depression and anxiety in the past. I don’t think I have postpartum depression, but I can’t seem to handle much right now. I feel overwhelmed by everything. I never get a break, or down time. I’m not sleeping well as my twins still wake through the night. I know that’s probably a big part of it.

I don’t know if I should go on medication again. I don’t know if my doctor will even prescribe me anything. She’s been really dismissive of me lately....and well ADHD drugs are stigmatized. I’m not looking for adderall or anything (that stuff was amazing when I was on it in the past). I just feel so overwhelmed. When I was on meds in the past I was able to focus more and get stuff done. Everything is a chore now. But is it just fatigue? I get 5, maybe 6 hours of interrupted sleep a night.

Do you find being a parent when you have ADHD is hard? I think that’s an obvious Yes. I’m just really struggling.
misfit77 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote