View Single Post
Amyjay
Magnate

Member Since Mar 2017
692 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 18, 2019 at 10:33 PM

I also frequently experience both of those types of dissociative experiences. The first one - hearing self talking about something - happens to me quite a lot. Sometimes the voice sounds different to mine, sometimes it doesn't, but the self-confusion for me is about what is being said as "I" am not saying it. When we were younger this often happened in educational settings.. .a question would be asked, and I would hear "myself" answer it very confidently and with great wisdom and insight despite not having any knowledge of the topic. We learned to trust that voice at it was always, always right, even though we didn't know what it was talking about and had no idea how that information was known. After diagnosis we learned that voice belonged to a particular alter whose job was to harness the intelligence and learn well beyond her years in an effort to get us out of the childhood home earlier (her goal was to get early entrance into university in another city).

I also experience the dissociated emotions like you describe too. Sometimes the body is crying but I have no experience of sadness and the tears on my cheeks are an utter mystery to me.
Amyjay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
FearLess47