Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,277 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 19, 2019 at 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUrOther View Post
Of course they "know me from somewhere" - my detractors spread rumors and lies about me whenever they get the chance. It's all a strategy to deny me any allies and other resources so they can prey on me without interference.

Any inquiries are refused, and I am accused of fraud and other things when I reveal what I've done, and they pledge to make sure I never get a job in the industry again.
What if apply for a job a bit distance away? Even if just an hour away? Surely people wouldn’t know you there. Could you move a long distance away? People wouldn’t know you couple of hours away or more.

What do you reveal about yourself? Is it something you must reveal like a criminal record? Or is it something you have rights to keep private? Workplace doesn't need to know everything. I’d like to help you but it’s hard without knowing the issue.

I’d say if particular people spread rumors about you and those rumors cause you not to get a job, it threatens your livelihood and I personally go see a lawyer. Lawyer can write a letter to these people with demands to stop rumors and you might even have some ground for a lawsuit.

Last edited by divine1966; May 19, 2019 at 06:20 AM..
divine1966 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote