View Single Post
Lilfae

Member Since May 2018
143 hugs
given
Default May 19, 2019 at 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnester View Post
Thanks guys. I am asking more about forgotten flashbacks. For example I remembered something that happened years ago I forgot about it then remembered again the other day. Is that still a flashback?
/
I think it's normal to all of sudden have flashbacks of something you had forgotten or not thought about in a long time. I've read heaps about it since my last reply, and as far as I understand, this is how a lot of people start to remember things they have repressed somehow. Or just not thought about because they didn't know how. If you experience a trauma your brain will store the memories of it slintered into all the different pieces, and it may be hard to make sense of anything. But when you get flashbacks you might start to make some sense of things.. I think..

I was abused, and I never completely forgot what happened, I never forgot about _him_, but I forgot about the feelings and sensations I had when he did things to me. I didn't understand why I felt the way I did back then. I thought it was completely normal and the way it was supposed to be, and that there was somethings wrong with me. But when I started having flashbacks I remembered how I felt, and I was experienced enough to understand why I felt the way I did.

I don't know if this made any sense?
Lilfae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote