Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,277 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 19, 2019 at 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUrOther View Post
There's a saying: "A lie will go round the world while truth is pulling its boots on."

Even before the Internet Age, the rumors outran me - I have tried moving and everyone already knew who I was, or at least knew someone who did. Now my rumors can be searched on the Internet, and messenger services are filled with lies about me.

There is not a social group in existence that does not have a member who is spreading lies about me. That's simply how human communication works.

It is nothing I legally need to reveal about myself, nor have I actually done anything wrong. For a job, I only reveal that which is pertinent to employment. The discrimination I face is all about false perceptions and rumors told by social climbers.

Lawyers won't touch me, because they believe the rumors, too. The law won't protect me because not only do they also believe the rumors, the bully cops are the ones spreading them! Every childhood bully who decided to wear badge for a living is using their power to slander me - and some are shaking me down for extortion.

You don't understand the scope of the problem. There is nowhere for me to turn; humanity's hatred of me is popular - everyone loves it, and no one turns it away.
I am more than willing to understand.

Could you provide an example of what exactly do these people say or do? You say they spread rumors but what about and how does the police get involved in it?

Extortion is against the law so you certainly can file a police report about people involved in it. If police is spreading slander could you talk to a higher official? It wouldn’t cost you anything. File a complaint

It’s hard for us to understand without at least some examples
divine1966 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote