View Single Post
Anonymous44076

Default May 19, 2019 at 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuck1nhead View Post
So what I’m receiving is I can’t force her to change. Some of her problems are exactly that, her problems. All I can play is the good husband and be there for her. But not at the expense of my own happiness.

That’s going to be a tough one for me to get use to. It goes against my nature to make sure those around me are happy.
Perhaps there's another way to think about it Stuck1nhead? Personally,I think there is some happiness to be found each day when I search for it. Not every moment of the day but even a few moments. As her loving husband who wants her to be happy, perhaps you can help her with that. Here are a few practical examples of what I'm referring to....

- a favorite food or beverage she enjoys which you can make for her
- inviting her on a nice walk outside
- writing your gratitude list each day and sharing it with her, maybe she might even like to start practicing gratitude each day also....research suggests that this increases subjective levels of happiness when practiced every day
- bringing her a nice little gift or something some time for no reason other than just because
- running a bubble bath for her
- lighting some candles
-reading to her while she does the dishes or something
- watching her favorite TV show or film with her

Etc etc

How does that resonate with you? It's like going back to the smaller picture while allowing the big picture to unfold as it will.....rather than trying to correct her path away from "the rut" you willfully join her on her current path as is and actively find and share a few moments of joy each day with her.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
luvyrself