Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
885 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 19, 2019 at 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnester View Post
I dont want to focus on this anymore because I just dont think its real but currently its my main struggle so I feel I should work on it. Im so confused.
Dnester how about instead of focusing on the big picture of things like diagnosis, whether or not youi have it, whether or not its real...

focus on picking one of your symptoms...

examples of symptoms no matter what disorder a person may have...

anger
anxiety
feeling depressed,
feeling like the world around you is moving too fast
feeling like the world around you is moving too slow
feeling confused
(in other words not having any physical or mental feelings)
Stress
managing bills
managing basic needs like food clothing and shelter

see even though someone may have a mental disorder basic therapy for mental disorders is learning how to manage how you feel and notice when you are feeling things, and taking care of things that upset you / trigger you,

there is no magic treatment for any disorders, getting the name of a disorder just says hey this is whats been happening my whole life. it changes nothing.

people with DID and any other disorders work on the same things.... getting their daily life stabilized and learning how to take care of their own feelings.

my point is maybe its time to do what your treatment providers keep telling you to do... give up on trying to label yourself into a disorder box. instead take care of learning how to live in the present moment, learning what triggers you and taking care of your own self care, your own emotions...

see the bigger picture instead of narrowing yourself into a confusing and stressful cause your self more harm box.

just take it one day at a time, see the positives in your life and go from that angle.

your last posting on therapy work was that you and your treatment provider are using IFS therapy. this therapy is for any problems not directly related to dissociative disorders. its going to help you to stay focused on not dissociating, recognizing your feelings and stabilizing you.

please stop trying to get an actual diagnosis name. each time you talk with your treatment providers you post a different disorder name and then go through this denial got to know/ OCD like process.

my opinion is that its time to let go of diagnosis names and focus on your other problems for a bit. you can always later on when you are less confused and more stable figure out the diagnosis problems.

when ever I am backed into a wall about something taking a break from that something actually does a great deal to bring that problem more clarity and sureness, less confusion.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Betty_Banana