Legendary

Member Since Mar 2011
5,341 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 19, 2019 at 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmariah001 View Post
I have been going down hill since my cat Sneakers passed last month. My sleep has increased a lot and I am not eating much. I have flash backs of that day. At lest I am not crying right now. He was only 6. He had FIV so I knew that it was a possibility that he would not live long. But still. It still hurts. I had a dream last night he was in it. Then I woke up and it was back to reality. Another thing that is happening is my Grandma is dying of cancer. I am already depressed. What will happen when she goes? I am afraid I will lose it. I know things will get better. But until then I just have to hold on.
Losing a pet you've loved is very hard. A pet accepts you and wants to be with you. It really is a kind of love, I believe. I went through it when my dog died of cancer. I would dream of her, like you describe, and waking up was like getting hit with ice water. Time does heal, but that can be a while. In the meantime, some days are worse than others.

It's too bad that now you have another loss coming soon. Your grief does honor to your grandma and to your pet. They mattered . . . a lot. They deserve to be mourned. That is part of the tribute you pay them for what they gave you.

The mind can't think about two things at the same time . . . not really. Allow yourself periods of mourning. That can be part of your day. But do other things. Grief can be crowded out when we take care of other responsibilities. Life can become interesting again.

Hugs from:
Anonymous44144, Sunflower123