Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,277 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 19, 2019 at 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUrOther View Post
I base my judgements on scientific fact and pre-established evidence; other people base their judgments and opinions on their emotions and what makes them popular.

I hope you are not suggesting that I'm making wrong assumptions and/or projecting. Every thought I make is based on pre-established evidence - I can't afford to make mistakes by assuming anything, as people have proven that they will take advantage of every mistake I make. I certainly can't assume people will behave in good faith when the vast majority consistently act in bad faith. And I don't have enough of an identity to project coherently - there is not enough there - and what's there changes too rapidly - to generate a whole thought.

My memory doesn't work that way - my brain does not retain specifics; it only rips apart memories and sorts the individual facts, destroying irrelevant details. I don't know what rumors they spread exactly, but those rumors make people hate and fear me. The police in general refuse to get involved at all, individual police are involved either as extortionists or friends of extortionists.

The last time I tried anything like this, I got beaten to the edge of death, and promised if I did it again I would be killed. The law protects the powerful against the powerless - not the other way around. It is ridiculous to think that the law will in any way help me.

Why? Can't you just use your ability to think in the abstract to figure it out? Almost all of my thinking is in the abstract - I can't afford to think in specific terms, because every solution I create I can only afford to implement if it solves multiple issues at once. If my solutions only solve one thing at a time, they will cost more than the problems they fix! I am under severe economic constraints here - everything is expensive for me, because I have so little. I have to measure every action as equivalent to quantities of blood lost - how much blood would I have to lose in order to be in as poor of health as I would be after I perform an action? So every action I perform I must squeeze as much utility as I can, as every action weakens me and leaves me vulnerable to attack - not to mention people are already using the strategy of starving me of resources as it is...
Yes I can think abstractly but it would be presumptuous of me to just assume how you were mistreated abstractly speaking.

Now I see you did provide horrifying example of people beating you and threatening you. It’s horrifying. I am so sorry to hear that.

Were these people your friends, strangers or law officials? Knowing who are these people would determine course of action. Assaulting someone the way you described warrants pressing charges ASAP. But I understand if you live somewhere where police might be more dangerous than people who attacked you

I don’t know where you live but it sounds like a very unsafe neighborhood. I can emphasize with that. I used to live in a quite bad place and was not in a position to move at the moment. I don’t want to trigger people but I understand that.

I am sorry you are unsafe. and can’t support yourself at the moment, I hope for better times ahead

Last edited by divine1966; May 19, 2019 at 05:01 PM.. Reason: Found out OP is from US so removed that question
divine1966 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote