Legendary

Member Since Dec 2014
1,873 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 19, 2019 at 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTrees View Post
Did you read the article? It addresses a lot of different ideas about women and biases against women. As they say, don't knock it 'til you've tried it I don't think anyone on the thread, other than me, has read the article. I found it interesting but if others don't, they can certainly skip it. Peace.
Yes, I read it. I don’t judge others for having or not having, working or not working.

My childhood best friend told me she didn’t want to ever have children. I was really surprised, had never heard anyone say that before. We were born in the 60’s. She said she didn’t want them and knew she was ‘too selfish’ (her words). I kind of thought at the time that she would later change her mind, but she never did. Good for her for knowing herself and being confident enough to do what she wanted.

I always imagined myself having children. Yes, I thought it was just something you do. But I really wanted to have them.

And I agree with the pressures from society hindering us from easily having it all. It’s true, something has to give for women. I know that now there are more stay at home dads while the moms work.

I chose to be available for my kids and not pursue career. I was blessed to have the luxury of a husband who could support us.

He couldn’t attend their shows during work days. But I was always there.

Hugs from:
Anonymous44076