Elder

Member Since Jul 2017
9,930 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Trig May 19, 2019 at 08:24 PM

****TRIGGER WARNING****

"that line was cut ever since my parents tortured mental discipline into me."

I understand that. My family was torment too. I am the youngest of three girls and my mother and two older sisters bullied and abused me so badly that almost my entire childhood is a blank. That is called Traumatic Amnesia. It accompanies a lot of other mental illness and physical illness issues I battle daily.

What helped me after a bazillion hours of AA meetings, support grounds and psychotherapy was I had to face the blinding crippling pain my family buried inside me. The last thing in the world I wanted to give any thought to was my monster family. It was painful and took a long time to get through, but I got through it. And as I moved through my grief, those distorted lies they spewed at me lost their power over me and I began to feel happiness.

Would you like to know what thoughts tormented me? I thought I was truly defective, useless and stupid. They pummelled that into my head growing up. Those lies cemented me in the self-destructive mindset I tried to build my life on. Of course I failed.

But now, today, I am better and doing everything I can to keep moving forward and make the most I can out of my life.

I wish we could help you somehow. You sound angry and miserable. I am sorry your parents treated you that way. You were a little kid dependent on them for your survival. How could you have turned out any differently?

"Love you.
Take care of you.

Be true to you.

You are the only you,
you will ever know the best.

Reach for YOUR stars.

You can reach them better
than anyone else ever can."

Landon Clary Eason
Grateful Sobriety Fangirl Since 11-16-2007

Happy Sober Crafter

Last edited by happysobercrafter; May 19, 2019 at 09:45 PM..
happysobercrafter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote