Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 20, 2019 at 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquline View Post
Does anyone besides myself have ADHD who is in Menopause? I am currently experiencing relationship issues. I was diagnosed with ADHD at 26, after I married my husband of almost 27 years. We had a turbulent first 10 years. My husband told me that he has felt mistreated for most of the 27 years of our marriage. I have a very difficult time remembering what he is talking about but apparently, He says I was selfish and did not treat him right.
I have adhd (and other stuff) and am in perimenopause. And I take medication for adhd. I would not be the person I am without medication. I have been on medication for nearly 20 years and have been married 23 years. I have never treated my husband "badly" but in reality, in a way I have. Stupid emotional fights associated with my untreated alcoholism and stuggles with bipolar has been no picnic for him. I have been sober for several years and I wasn't an alcoholic until 14 years into our marriage so the alcoholism was a short-lived hell for him and my kids.

Quote:
My hubby is very supportive of me most of the time and he doesn't think I have paid attention to him like he has paid attention to me. I can see some of what he is saying. I often react badly to what he say's. I have a history from childhood of screaming, yelling and stomping up stairs. This behavior is still happening but not as much as it did as a kid (we don't have stairs now LOL). There is a lot of hurt that he feels and it seems the only way to solve it is to not react badly to the hurt feelings he is expressing. There is a lot of information that is not included that may shed more light on the issue but I do not have the time to include it. I want to work on myself and how I react to my husband. I am not putting any blame on anyone but myself and my husband is not the bad guy. Can any one identify or give me some pointers?
Are you medicated to treat your adhd? Have you ever been?

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote