Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
885 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 20, 2019 at 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elevatedsoul View Post
If there are things in front of me that i have all the information i need to have an understanding but not able to?

Such... feeling inside that there is an understanding but i cant pull it forward?

Like when you are trying to think of a word or name but unstable to recall asst that moment but you feel it inside and know you know but don't know?

You know?

Is this part of dissociation..?

Maybe my mind is locking itself up as a means of self preservation

Unlocking it may cause dramatic shifts and pain...

But that's ok right now, i just need to have a safe way to survive and start my life [even if im 29 years late getting it started]

I be scared really bad sometimes as my attempts seem to be futile

🤔
here where I am dissociative confusion (being spaced out, disconnected and unsure of ones identity) is not the same as academic confusion (not understanding information)

here where I am dissociation confusion does not cause someone to have problems understanding information.

here where I am whether someone understands information or not is called cognitive abilities and learning disorders, IQ level, and also goes hand in hand with how someone learns and what they learned in school and how they learned in school. (reading, writing , math and interpreting what they are reading and writing and learning about.)

my suggestion if you feel you are having problems understanding material and information contact your medical doctor. they can help you get set up with special tests to see why you are suddenly having problems with understanding things people tell you or that you are reading about.

your doctors can also get you in contact with special agencies like literacy volunteers and other special agencies that work with people who have trouble understanding information.

also if you are having this problem and need to fill out recertifications and so on ie SSI, food stamps and so on let those agencies know, they can supply caseworkers to sit down with you and help you fill out any forms when you need to do these things.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky