View Single Post
StripedTapir

Member Since Aug 2018
389 hugs
given
Default May 20, 2019 at 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Striped, you know where the real/worth value lies?

In your state of consciousness and your character as it relates to your ability to embody and express the various virtues - compassion, empathy, sympathy, understanding/acceptance, forgiveness, kindness, generosity, selflessness, altruism, etc... It's these qualities and your ability to embody and experience/express them that dictate your overall state of consciousness (state of being). This is where the value lies because your state of consciousness is all you get bring with you at the time of your physical passing.

Your physical body, no matter how beautiful or seemingly flawed - gets left behind and will completely loses its former relevance. So it's futile to continue operating in a manner where one's physical body and appearance is consciously identified with and relied upon to derive one's sense of worth... The challenging part is letting go of one's former manner of thinking & perceiving which has been deeply ingrained - it's a gradual process... Something you keep chipping away at over time...

Career achievements, professional status, awards, fame/recognition, wealth, material possessions - all of this also gets left behind as well and loses its former significance to the person who once so strongly identified with it.... So clearly judging ourselves and others on the basis of such temporary circumstances which have no sense of permanence or staying power - this also cannot be where the real worth/value lies within each individual...

The physical world and the society we experience has it completely backwards - and the conditioning we're exposed to as a result of experiencing this physical world influences us to believe that these temporary factors (physical body/appearance, wealth, etc) are where all the value/importance lies... And valuing individuals on the basis of their character (state of consciousness) and not on the basis of their temporary circumstances (physical appearance, career, wealth, etc) is not something which gets reinforced and promoted in the least... This is something that you have to cultivate and reinforce internally, for yourself... The challenging part is that you will continue to experience a physical world where you are exposed to the external influences in the form of media, advertising, and other peoples' judgements and opinions who have not yet realized where the real value/worth lies (both in themselves and in others). So you may come to embody the awareness/understanding that who you are is not your physical identity - but you may continue to have interactions with others who do still operate within the limited state of awareness and continue to judge themselves and others on that basis. They just haven't figured it out yet, and ultimately, that's okay...
Thank you for your response! I've been thinking about it a lot and have trying to change my mindset.
When I am alone I can agree that it's what's inside that matters, but as soon as I am around other people I feel worthless and inferior again.
How can learn to value my character when I feel like no one else does?
StripedTapir is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky