Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
885 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 20, 2019 at 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnester View Post
I try to focus on other things. Everytime I do she says thats DID.
maybe and this is just a guess here, but maybe just maybe the reason why she is saying its DID is because you are not letting go of this...

let me show you something ...

a child on a playground talking with their friend says the sand is wet, another child says no it isnt, another child says I dont care if its wet or dry its still fun to play with.

which two are going to get into a battle of the wills...

the one saying its wet and the one saying its dry start talking over and over again and maybe getting into an argument over whether the sand is wet or dry.

whats the out come...

either the child saying its wet is going to give up trying to convince the one saying its dry and just agree that its dry

or

the child saying its dry is going to get to the point where they give up and say ok its wet.

you have been going round and round trying to get your therapists to say you have DID for many months now.

if you reread your past posts you will see how the progression of this issue has gone from one mental disorder to another until finally they are giving you what you wanted.. calling your problems DID to you, and calling it adjustment disorder on the files.

Im so sorry Dnestor but only you can decide what you want to do about this unending loop you are in. you have options...

you can decide that getting a diagnosis name is what you want and continue in this stressful loop

you can decide names dont matter lets get to work on something different.

then which ever way you decide talk with your therapist, let them know how ........You........ want to proceed on this issue of being called DID after months of trying to get them to call it DID.

its ok to not want to be called DID but after months of constantly questioning and pushing them into giving you the diagnosis name, you may need to actually tell them that you no longer want the diagnosis name.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
FearLess47