View Single Post
amandalouise
Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
885 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 20, 2019 at 10:29 AM

heres the thing.. jsut because someone wants to learn about something doesnt say whether they can be a good therapist or not and whether they are trust worthy or not.

to me it says they want to be prepared in case they have clients that use or want that kind of therapy option.

lets put it another way.... think of something that interests you and you set out to learn about it, or build it or do it. maybe that's a sport. would that make you a good person to be friends with if someone liked and did the same things you did, would those friends of yours need to drop you as a friend because they dont do that sport? no you would be around your friends based on things you have in common.

therapists are the same way.. they have many different likes and dislikes and want to learn about things. they dont expect you to do the same things.

example my treatment provider is native american and has native american beliefs, traditions and such things. She has learned to also treat non native american clients and clients that have given up the native ways. She not only knows native american therapy techniques, she also knows DBT,CBT REBT and yes homeopathic ways.

being so diverse in her knowledge and willing to learn new treatments opens the door for treating more people with mental illness.

I cant tell you whether to talk with your treatment provider that you found their website and now know all the various things that she is doing and learning. only you can decide that.

what I can tell you is that my own treatment provider and I have and do discuss how diverse she is in treatment options and beliefs and how she is willing to learn new things either for own personal life or for her clients.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote