View Single Post
Iloivar

Member Since Sep 2018
2 hugs
given
Default May 20, 2019 at 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by resurgam View Post
'I wonder if such an approach is actually allowed here, since my intuition is that it's probably not considered supportive on here. "

rainbows & butterflies...that what I consider when all the poster gets are responses for the post ..they asked a question and then they get balloons and puppies. nice but do they offer a solution? if I can offer a solution (in my eyes) as a response why should that not be acceptable? because it isn't perky?

you stated your post was intended to stir discussion, well I am discussing, as intended. I don't understand what "type" of response you are or are not searching for. if the initial post questioned the presence of "tough love" on the forums and I responded explaining my take on the issue the, again what are you searching for?
Don't see how that's rainbows and butterflies. It was indeed my intuition, based on the "constructive criticism" threads that began, and Docjohns response to them.

I don't really see anything wrong with a poster responding to the questions asked by the op. Not that it's also wrong to not just answer the questions and add insight or opinions relating to the post. At least in a non emotional thread like this.

Yes, you are indeed. That was in response to " some posts are so convoluted you have no idea what they really want to hear"

even if I come from a place of skepticism, that doesn't mean I don't want to hear posts that shut down my inquiries, or present evidence or their own experiences which validate the notion of tough love. Whether posts like or dislike it doesn't matter. It's all about the discussion, sharing of opinions, facts, experiences, etc. Im merely searching for contributions in whatever form they come.
Iloivar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote