LabRat27
Poohbah

Member Since Mar 2018
2,354 hugs
given
Default May 20, 2019 at 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne2.0 View Post
I agree that there is empirical evidence that dates back for quite a few decades. Otherwise, why would insurance companies pay for therapy? Not because they want to be nice to people and pay millions of dollars for "experimental treatment." If the empirical evidence weren't there, then they could refuse to pay for therapy services.

Many people care whether their insurance providers cover therapy. Many businesses/organizations are able to recruit individuals based on their benefits package. Companies who don't have generous benefits will lose workers to those who provide less. People want their health benefits to include vaccinations and v i a g r a and therapy, among other things. If you don't want to vaccinate your child or get a b o n e r or go to therapy, then you don't have to. Everybody's got a right to their opinion about whether the service or medication or whatever is useful, but I'm satisfied with the determination of the institution that has to pay for only what's been determined to be effective, whose economic interest is opposed to paying for anything and everything.
My insurance company got tired of paying for ER visits and paying for a ton of therapy is still cheaper
(I was just looking back through old EOBs and holy **** IOP was expensive!)
LabRat27 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote