View Single Post
Anonymous46341

Default May 20, 2019 at 12:41 PM

My parents were somewhat close to some of their cousins, but my siblings and I aren't so close to ours. Age gaps, distance in miles, and other issues played a part. However, I know some families are tight, and certainly fading relationships are sad. But it happens a lot!

My brother has some different political beliefs than me. Some beliefs are similar, but he's got a bit of that "anger" that has been manufactured by various sources and he can not talk about differences in civil ways, at times. Because of that, we talk about chickens, honey bees, food, nature, our dad, and other neutral territory stuff. It works out fine. He knows my situation and he deep down knows that my situation is not helped by the political party he prefers. Frankly, me voting for his preferred party would be idiotic of me. And as said, some of what his preferred party does even he doesn't believe in.

Social media is not a mandatory thing to be part of. You can ignore stuff. You can defriend. If someone you defriend complains, just say you want to keep the peace. In my view, if someone demands to shove their views at me, it's best to take a break from them.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
DazedandConfused254

Thanks for this!
DazedandConfused254