View Single Post
ArtleyWilkins
Magnate

Member Since Oct 2018
7 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 20, 2019 at 02:36 PM

Hee, hee. I'm am about as non-woo-woo as you get. LOL! Probably far too left-brained for a great many of these.

I do like the idea of equine or dolphin therapy (pet therapy in general). When I was in the hospital, they had a group that brought in therapy dogs. It was amazing how calming that was. One of our diagnosticians here at our school has a certified therapy dog (golden retriever) that comes with her to work every day. It is fascinating how calming his presence is to students. He's so cute. He wears shoes on his feet because he's getting old and slips a bit on the floors. He practically dances down the hallway.

Creepiest on the list? Self-flagellation (yikes!), nude, and puppets.
Others really are my definition of woo-woo (crystals, for instance) but aren't particularly creepy.

Some I wouldn't get within a mile of: reparenting, hypnosis, (isn't there one called rebirthing or something? yeah, nope.)

Music therapy isn't on the list and should be. Particular effective for some.

Ones I've personally come into contact with that I put the kibosh on pretty quickly: mindfulness, art therapy, dream interpretation.

Other than the ones that seem just completely wrong (self-flagellation), it's nice that that there really are a huge number of therapy approaches that could certainly be helpful to various people out there. I was in the line at the grocery store yesterday and happened to strike up a conversation with the cashier. He mentioned (because a particular university came up) going to that university during his recovery from Guillain-Barre Syndrome. Water therapy and music therapy were part of his recovery physically.
ArtleyWilkins is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote