seesaw
Human

Member Since Apr 2014
1,263 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 20, 2019 at 08:56 PM

Hey PCers...

So I am having a horrible time and was hoping y'all could help me. I turn to y'all because my brain just isn't functioning, and neither is my body.

A little bit of history, part of my history of abuse includes being denied medical care for serious injuries/illnesses and being told I'm just "looking for attention."

Now, with chronic illnesses and conditions, I'm having a lot of trouble just dealing with some days being too unwell to do things, and explaining this to people or even just not judging myself for it.

Does anyone have any articles on a) dealing with fatigue from chronic conditions b) dealing with the side effects on not believing you're ill and even being trained not to believe you're ill? It's less about making others believe that I'm ill as actually feeling like I can say "I'm ill" and will be believed. That I'm not faking. That there actually is something wrong.

And of course, anyone who can commiserate or experiences this, feel free to chime in.

Thanks y'all.

Seesaw

What if I fall? Oh, my dear, but what if you fly?

Primary Dx: C-PTSD and Severe Chronic Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder
Secondary Dx: Generalized Anxiety Disorder with mild Agoraphobia.

Meds I've tried: Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Risperidone, Abilify, Prazosin, Paxil, Trazadone, Tramadol, Topomax, Xanax, Propranolol, Valium, Visteril, Vraylar, Selinor, Clonopin, Ambien

Treatments I've done: CBT, DBT, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Talk therapy, psychotherapy, exercise, diet, sleeping more, sleeping less...
seesaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
happysobercrafter

Thanks for this!
happysobercrafter