View Single Post
TheUrOther

Member Since Jun 2017
Default May 20, 2019 at 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCrafter View Post
Are you familiar with child development?
I am intimately familiar with child development sciences; I have studied them to try to make sense of why I'm hated.

Quote:
Little kids are like sponges. What they see and hear, they absorb and repeat. If a small child is surrounded by anger and rage, that is what they take in. So, since that is what they know, that is how they behave. If no one is there to correct that and help the child do better, that behavior gets locked in place as they grow up.
That's not an excuse for how I was treated, especially since I did not "absorb and repeat" what I experienced - in fact, I make a point of acting in opposition to human behavior; I refuse to lie and cheat and steal and bully precisely because I know what it feels like to be the victim of such crimes.

Quote:
Our emotions are the foundation of our behavior.
They are NOT the foundations of mine. My foundation is built on logic and evidence.

Quote:
Understandably, you have mountains of anger and rage inside you. That fuels, I think, your behavior and contributes to people avoiding you.
Actually, I don't have "mountains of anger and rage" - in fact, I only started being angry after I found out you people had successfully murdered me. From childhood until I found out about my terminal diagnosis, if I expressed anything to anyone at all, it was sadness and loneliness. I wasn't angry until I gave up trying to make friends when I found out I was dying thanks to your (plural) abuse.

All said, I'm not doing an analysis of my social life - I'm doing an autopsy. I've completely giving up trying to reach you people. Now, I'm trying to stop you from doing the same to another generation.

Quote:
Have you ever been in therapy or seen a grief counselor? A good counselor can help you get through those emotions that are holding you back.
I've been to multiple, and no they can't. I have been diagnosed with treatment-resistant Complex PTSD; there's no real hope of recovery, especially since I'm dying - and there's definitely no hope of recovery while people are still actively abusing me.

Quote:
But, for that to work, you have to be willing to talk about what hurts you
What hurts is that an entire species has shut me out of itself for a reason it refuses to even let me know.

Quote:
straighten out your thinking.
My thinking is straight. I'm not the one who's foundation is built on irrationality and randomness.

Quote:
Once you work on the emotions that, it seems to me, overhelm you, they won't bother you as much. That is healing, you would be healing. It takes a long time to heal, but that would get you on your way to getting better.
Again, you are so incredibly confused. I'm wielding my emotions like a weapon. I have control over my emotions to the point of strangulation - doctors have accused me of over-control, not a lack of it.